General English Collective Noun , Preposition ,One Word Substitute For Competitive Exams
Fill in the blanks.
1 . A swarm of ________.
a)birds b)fish c)bats d)bees.
2. A collection of sheep/birds is called________.
a)flock b)gang c)regiment d)swarm
3. A ________ of musicians.
a)band b)hive c)heap d)range
4. A _________ of stones/ruins.
a)posse b)horde c)heap d)set
5. A _________ of keys.
a)gang b)shoal c)bunch d)series
6. A ________ of arrows.
a)quiver b)shoal c)series d)bunch
7. A bench of _________ .
a)pilgrims b)soldiers c)judges d)police
8. A range of _________.
a)mountains b)sheep c)events d)chickens
9. A brood of __________.
a)sheep b)bees c)cattle d)chickens.
One word substitute.
10. Having power over all:
a)omnipotent b)misogynist c)miser d)novice
11. One who lives on others.
a)egoist b)novice c)spend thrift d) parasite
12. One who is after money –
a) cynic b) turncoat c) mercenary d) novice
13. Fit to be eaten –
a) edible b) to emphasize c) misogynist d) omnipotent
14. Hater of women –
a) egoist b) omnipotent c) turncoat d)misogynist
15. One who eats too much –
a) to emphasize b) glutton c) novice d) orthodox
Fill in the blanks with appropriate preposition
16. Wash your hands _____ water .
a) to b) under c) by d) with
17. Rambabu decided to set ___ sometime everyday for prayers .
a) up b) on c) aside d) in
18. His house is adjacent ___ mine .
a) to b) in c) by d) with
19. The widow was anxious _____ the safety of her children .
a) of b) about c) for d) from
20. In the morning , I hardly get the time _____ glance ____ the newspaper headlines.
a) for,an b) to,an c) to,at d) to,through
21. Ray thought that his parents were not happy ____ him .
a) with b) for c) on d) in
22. The TV. Report said that he has been missing ____ 48 hours .
a) since b) for c) after d) about
23. The economist said that there is no exception ___ this rule.
a) with b) from c) to d)on
24. Nobody should boast ____his learning.
a)for b)of c)with d)by
25. The boss was annoyed _______ him for being late.
a)with b)for c)to d)by